.

zondag 31 januari 2016

'I Only Have 2-3 Years Left To Live'  ,Says Pope Francis  
                                                                                                                                                                                                              Pope Francis has spoken publicly about the prospect of his own death for the first time, giving himself 'two or three years' before he meets his maker. In a press conference aboard his jet as he returned from a trip to South Korea, Francis also mention... Pope Francis has spoken publicly about the prospect of his own death for the first time, giving himself 'two or three years' before he meets his maker. In a press conference aboard his jet as he returned from a trip to South Korea, Francis also mentioned the possibility of retiring from the Papacy if he felt he could no longer perform his duties. His predecessor, Benedict XVI stepped down last year, an almost-unprecedented move that opened the way for Francis's accession to the Papal throne. 'I see it as the generosity of the people of God. I try to think of my sins, my mistakes, not to become proud. Because I know it will last only a short time,' he said. Then, apparently light-heartedly, he added: 'Two or three years and then I'll be off to the Father's House.'

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten